Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Corpus Christi Texas

We left Beaaumont,, Texas approximately 8:45 am and traveled approximately 300 miles. Driving through Houston was an experience. There are so many roads that cross over and under each other that without Tom-Tom we could have been in big trouble. Texas certainly is BIG. We drove for hours seeing nothing but flat land. We saw a couple of working oil wells a lot of cattle and an occassional town here and there. We arrived here in Corpus Christi about 2:30 p.m and waited for Roger to arrive about an hour later. Jay found a great store called H-E-B and he fell in love. Seems they blow Wal-mart out of the water. According to him, you could spend a week in there. They have demonstrations going on, an old fashioned meat market where they cut the meat to order. He bought four rib-eye steaks which we had for dinner last night. I had to do laundry this mmorning, so about 7:00 am, I got it done. This morning is very humid and cloudy. Not much of a beach day so must come up with an alternative plan. The USS Lexington is here and open for tours, so may go there. We'll see what the day brings.

2 comments:

  1. hi Mom . Dad.. Sounds like youre zipping along pretty well yes Texas is huge ..you can fit 200 massachusetts in texas. Tour on the Lexington sounds fun.. I remember touringon the Kennedy with you after I got out.. quite an impressive ship Have fun... love Steve.. P S.. i have a job interview on monday .. in odessa.. testing ankle bracelets.. so hopefully something good comes from it.. have fun.. Love Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat
    Sounds like your having a great time. I enjoy reading your blog.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete