Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 24, 2009

Grand Canyon

The time changes are really effecting men. We are now in Pacific Time, but my body is still in Eastern Daylight time. As a result, I was up Thursday morning at 4:30 a.m. After the usual morning routine we drove the 59 miles from Williams to the Grand Canyon. When we were at the entrance gate we used the Senior Passes we bought in Carlsbad, NM. The pass cost us $10 and allows us free entry into any National Park, Monument even Corp of Engineers and Bureau of Land Management site. The pass save us $85 dollars just yesterday. The entrance fee at the Grand Canyon is $25 per vehicle and $12 per person. With 5 persons in the truck was saved a lot. After a visit to the information center, we decided to take the free bus tour of the canyon. The bus stops at nine different sites allowing many views of the landscape. There is no possible way to describe the vista there it's just something you have to see for yourself. I took so many pictures at each stop I hope I'll be able to remember which picture goes with which stop.

We have met and seen many people on this trip, but today I think we saw the most unusual. On our bus were three Tibetian Monks. I asked if they would allow me to take thier picture and their guide said yes and if I told them they were handsome, they would smile. He also explained that they eat only one meal a day and that must be consumed before noon. They did not speak to me but seems to understand. We had lunch at a cafeteria in the canyon and the food was very good. As most of you know, I am known as the "food snob". We wandered through the gift shops and then headed back to the campground. All in all a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment