Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Albuquerque - Williams Az

Yesterday we drove to the Best Buy and brought my ailing computer. The Geek Squard took it in and in less than 5 minutes, pronounced that the hard drive was dead! Since it is less than one year old I expected them to fix it, but unfortunately the company the produced it is responsible for repairing it. I would have to contact Acer and they would send me a new hard drive. Of course, being on the road that's impossible. As soon as I get back to Zhills, I'll be on the phone like a crazy person. In the meantime, I bought a new laptop. This time I bought a Toshiba. Jenny and Benny spent the afternoon in Old Town. I wasn't in the mood to shop as I had just blown my lunch at the Best Buy. Jay and Roger stayed at the campground with me while I played with the new computer. We left Albuquerque about 8:45 this morning and headed for Williams, Arizona. The Grand Canyon is in this area and tomorrow we will be heading up there. As we drove here we passed through Navajo and Hopi Indian territory. The landscape changes constantly from mountians, desert and everything in between. We stopped at a roadside Indian store and the merchandise ranged from the very expensive to just plain junk. I did take a couple of pictures of Indians and will try to get them uploaded and on my next blog. We are now in the campground in Williams and the sky is as black as a Florida thunderstorm. It's raining a little and the wind is blowing, but not any kind of problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment