Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 20, 2009

Calsbad, New Mexico

Our stay in Calsbad was well worth the drive to New Mexico. The campground is one of the frendliest we have encountered so far. How many campgrounds give you candy? On our second day, Sunday, we drove to Calsbad National Park and to Carlsbad Caverns. The vistas in the national park are breathtaking. We were in the Guardalope Mountains. When we got to the Caves, we bought a national pass which gives us and three other persons free access to any national park, monument, etc. A great bargain. I don't think I have the words to describe the caverns. I had no expectations as to what I would see, so I was amazed. At times I felt like I was in a catheral. Each and every formation is unique unto itself, each more beautiful than the last. After all that beauty, it was back to the mundane. Laundry!!
We left the campground this morning at 9:45 am and headed for Albuquerque on Rt. 285 north, which took us through Roswell. We looked and looked for Aliens, but no luck. As we drove through this area we saw a billboard advertising a mortician! Creamations $95.00 - funeral with casket $1,395.00!!! We were surprised that Roswell is as large as it is. All the other towns we drove through are poor looking and no where I would ever consider living. We had to gas up and did so in a town called "Clines Corner " . The elevation there is 7200 feet. Along with that amazing number was the cost of gas, $2.49 a gallon! We arrived here in Albuquerque about 3:45 pm. On our way here we spotted a Best Buy, so tomorrow we're bringing my computer there to see if they can fix it. Keep your fingers crossed that it is something minor.

2 comments:

  1. Pat you should be a writer!!! I love hearing the details of the trip as you describe them. It sounds like an experience of a lifetime and you guys are not missing anything. Enjoy the journey.
    Love Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! I look forward to your up-dates. I've been sharing them with Sandy & Lorry too, They have been getting a kick out of your blog. Stay Safe!!!
    Good luck with your computer..
    Sue, xo

    ReplyDelete